WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This continuing medical education program is designed to meet the educational needs of primary care providers, registered nurses, advanced practice nurses and other healthcare professionals.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants should be able to do the following in primary care settings:
- Review the available evidence and best practice guidelines for patients
- Assess the advantages and limitations of current medical, and interventional therapies for patients
- Design treatment and surveillance strategies to manage patients
Main Conference Friday 7:00am-4:30
New This Year
Saturday MAT Training 7:45am-12:00
Medication-Assisted Treatment Essentials: Life-Saving Medications for Substance Use Disorders and Implications for Nurse Practitioners
This year, we have added MAT TRAINING on day two for $25. MAT training is from 8am-noon and includes:
- Overview of addiction and substance use disorders and implications for MAT
- MAT myths and misconceptions - Outcome: NPs can differentiate MAT fact from fiction
- Medication types and mechanisms - Outcome: NPs can compare and contrast various medications used to treat opioid and alcohol use disorders and identify appropriate patient populations
- Strategies for making effective MAT referrals - Outcome: NPs can list strategies for referring patients for medication-assisted treatment to enhance patient follow through
- Overview of MAT provider registries and locatorsOutcome: NPs gain awareness of 3 registries to identify MAT providers in their practice area, as well as referral sources for behavioral therapies
- Next steps/additional information for becoming an MAT prescriber - Outcome: NPs gain knowledge about how to access buprenorphine waiver training
- Conference 11/16/18 - 6 CEUs (3.0 Pharma CEUs)
- Conference 11/17/18 - 4 CEUs (all Pharma)
CE Accredited by ANCC
This continuing nursing educational activity was approved by the Arizona Nurse’s Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurse’s Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. All participants must attend full conference. Evaluations will be available up to one week following the conference.
Once you submit an evaluation, you must print the CEU certificate. You will be granted 6 total CEUs (of the 6, 1- 5 are pharmacology). MAT training is 4 hours of CEUs (4 of which are pharmacology).
Conference presentations will be available online two weeks prior to the conference under the conference tab on the website. For more information visit our website at https://tucsonnp.enpnetwork.com or contact Deb Jur at email@example.com.
Registration Refund and Cancellation Policy
Refund of fees less 10% handling fees will be issued upon written request to djsoccer1@comcast. net. Cancellation deadline Nov. 9, 2018.